Healthy Summer Recipes – Tropical Chicken
*Recommended to serve on a bed of yellow or brown rice*
• 4 (3 oz) chicken breasts
• 1/2 cup coconut lite milk
• 1 can (20 oz) Dole Pineapple Slices
• 2 tbsp of sugar (sugar in the raw is my preference)
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 tbsp of rum (or rum extract)
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp thyme
1. Heat large pan on stove with olive oil and add chicken breasts once heated.
2. Pour 1 cup of chicken broth over chicken breasts.
3. Add sugar, salt, lemon juice, and thyme.
4. Once the chicken is cooked pour coconut milk and 1/4 cup of pineapple juice over chicken and let simmer for 2 minutes.
5.Garnish each chicken breast with a pineapple slice.