A look back at Miami Swim Week 2019
By Karen Huggins (Instagram: @karenhuggins_blog)
Every year Miami Swim Week, the biggest swim-centric event on the planet brings the greatest swimsuit brands from around the world to debut collections on the runway.
The shows took place at different locations in Miami: W Hotel, Setai Hotel, The Lenox Hotel, Surfcomber Hotel and the Paraiso tent in the heart of South Beach (Paraiso created an amazing tent for the Runway and a fun area with cocktails and activities). This year we also enjoyed the “Paraiso Bungalow” with Pop-Up stores and a Brad Kilgore Pop-Up restaurant.
Brands featured looks with dots, lace, stripes, one-shouldered silhouettes and classic Dolce Vita styles. Here are the latest trends:
- Statement one pieces: Every brand boasted a statement one-piece suit with high leg cuts. Forget the one-piece to hide parts of your body… the trend is one-piece more revealing than bikinis.
- Dolce Vita style: these are my favorites! swimsuits inspired in Brigitte Bardot and that 60’s Italian style.
- Animal prints: fierce animal prints were huge.
- Laser-cut detailing: cool cut-outs on the swimsuits his year.
- Rainforest: this season in particular, the rainforest patterns were huge
- Ruffles and polka-dots: Ruffles on swimsuits and coverups with flirty details.Best shows and events at Miami Swim Week:
Monica Hansen Beachwear: High end luxury designs by Norwegian model and MSM Cover girl Monica Hansen.
Sport Illustrated show: One of the most highly anticipated runways brought all the flavor of real girls and SI models.
Badgley Mischka: exemplifies timeless glamour with their newest swimwear collection with beading and ruffles.
Luli Fama: keyhole cutouts and beautiful designs
Chloe Rose: was inspired by 1970’s Barbie (pink and bold).
Gotex: glamour and elegant designs.
Sinesia Karol: inspired by Capri with beautiful Italian flavor.
But Miami Swim Week is not only shows, we enjoyed with all the suites at the hotels where we received amazing gifts, spa treatments, and activities related swim week.
Phyto Paris also hosted a beautiful event at Soho House gathering Miami Blogger girls to show them the benefits of the new line.
An amazing week full of fashion, tans, celebrities and activities.