Sicilian Shrimp Risotto Recipe by Isa Souza
Sicilian Shrimp Risotto
By Celebrity Chef Isa Souza
For the risotto, the ingredients are:
- 1 Chopped white onion,
- 2 Cloves of garlic,
- 1 Sicilian lemon (juice, zest)
- 1 Glass of white wine,
- 1 Cup and ½ of arboreal rice,
- 2 Tablespoons of unsalted butter,
- Olive Oil,
- Grated Parmesan cheese
To prepare the shrimp sautéed in butter, you need:
- Olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon of butter,
- 1 tablespoon of dehydrated garlic,
- Parsley and chives for taste
- Put about 2 liters of water to heat it up. Once hot, squeeze a whole lemon in it. (Do this by placing a hand underneath it, that filters the seeds). Then, throw the already squeezed lemon into the pan to heat it up as well. This water is used to hydrate the risotto.
- Heat the pan you will use to make the risotto over high heat. It can be done in any pot, but one that has the largest circumference is preferred for the risotto to spread across the surface. Once warm, lower the heat and place about three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Throw a tablespoon of unsalted butter into the pot. Before the butter has completely melted, add the two cloves of minced garlic. When the garlic starts to pop and is golden, throw the chopped onion.
- After the onion begins to fry, it’s time to add the rice (no need to wash it). Add salt and pepper for taste. It is essential to stir the risotto at all times. It should take 20-30 minutes to get ready. Also, remember to watch the heat and always keep it low.
- After you mix in the spices, throw a shot glass of white wine and continue stirring. Wine is important to open the rice fibers and leave the risotto with a better consistency.
- Now, add the zest of a lemon. When the rice begins to stick to the bottom of the pot, it is the right time to start adding the water. With a ladle, add the lemon water that has been previously heated. Pour the water gradually, covering all the rice, stirring slowly. A trick for the risotto is not to let it get fully cooked, but to a slightly firmer point. Remember, as it gets moistened, cooking continues even after turning off the heat, so the water should not dry completely. Test the seasoning and, if necessary, add more salt and pepper.
- The final part is to put butter and Parmesan cheese, but only do this before serving the dish.
To prepare the shrimp, heat the frying pan, then put olive oil and a tablespoon of unsalted butter. After the butter melts completely, increase the heat and add the shrimp (preferably, fresh). Then season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and dried garlic. When it starts to pop, lower the heat and turn them aside in the pan. Be careful not to let it burn. Then, turn off the heat. Now it is ready. The cooking is very fast.
To assemble the dish, place the risotto, sprinkle some lemon zest, and add the prawns. Then, season with chopped parsley and chives to taste. If you want to, you can also add a little olive oil over everything. Enjoy it with your favorite bottle of white wine.
For more of Isa’s recipes, visit www.isavidaysabor.com